Press Release: September 4, 2018
O'Reilly and Cloudera Announce Inaugural Strata Data Awards Finalists
New Awards Program Recognizes Impactful and Innovative Data Science Startups, Products and Initiatives
Boston, MA—O’Reilly, the premier source for insight-driven learning on technology and business, and Cloudera today announced the Strata Data Awards finalists. In its first year, the new awards program recognizes the most innovative data-driven startups, projects and initiatives from Strata Data Conference sponsors and exhibitors from around the world. Curated by a team of industry experts and selected by conference attendees, the winners will be announced at Strata, taking place from September 11–13 in New York City.
Strata sponsors and exhibitors were invited to submit a nomination in the following three categories: Most Disruptive Startup, Most Innovative Product and Most Impactful Initiative. The finalists in each category were required to fulfill the following entry requirements to be considered:
Most Disruptive Startup: A startup that is bringing a disruptive technology to market. The finalists are:
- Memgraph - Empowers organizations to build the next generation of intelligent applications with real-time connected data.
- Split - A platform for feature experimentation, empowering businesses of all sizes to make smarter product decisions.
- Tigergraph - A fast graph analytics platform designed to unleash the power of interconnected data for deeper insights and better outcomes.
Most Innovative Product: A newly-launched product or service that represents a fundamental innovation in engineering, architecture and product design. The finalists are:
- Alteryx, Alteryx Promote - Provides an end-to-end data science system for developing, deploying and managing predictive models and scoring data with real-time decision APIs.
- Dow Jones, Dow Jones DNA - DNA is a Data-as-a-Service platform providing access to fully licensed news and derived data to support data scientists and application developers in their advanced analytics and workflow initiatives.
- MapD, MapD Cloud - The first software-as-a-service analytics platform to harness the extreme power of GPU-processing, allowing non-technical users to query and visually analyze very large datasets with zero wait time.
Most Impactful Initiative: A company that has implemented or has helped a customer deploy an initiative that has widespread impact on an industry, government, business or society as a whole. The finalists are:
- Vertica, Vertica Analytics Platform - A unified analytical database that supports all major cloud platforms, all popular data formats and features advancements in in-database Machine Learning.
- Microsoft, AI for Earth Program - An initiative that puts Microsoft’s cloud and AI tools in the hands of those working to solve global environmental challenges through grants that provide access to cloud and AI tools, opportunities for education and training on AI and investments in innovative, scalable solutions, all working to advance sustainability across the globe.
- Talend, Talend Real-Time Big Data - Along with Bayer Digital Farming comes WEEDSCOUT, a new app farmers can download for free that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to match photos of weeds in a Bayer database with weed photos farmers send in.
“The Strata Data Awards program is a way to provide recognition to the most innovative data science startups, products and projects driving the industry forward,” said Ben Lorica, chief data scientist at O’Reilly and Strata Data Conference program chair. “Congratulations to our finalists, and with the help of our Strata Data conference-goers, we look forward to celebrating the first-ever winners at the upcoming show.”
Strata attendees are invited to vote for the company of their choice in each category by texting and following instructions displayed on conference signage and keynote slides. Attendees will have the opportunity to visit the finalists at their booths before voting on September 11 and 12. One award winner per category will be announced during the keynote presentations on September 13.
Conference media passes are still available for qualified journalists and analysts. For questions regarding media credentials, contact email@example.com; for media queries or scheduling interviews, contact OReilly@famapr.com. Follow @strataconf or #StrataData on Twitter for the latest news and updates.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information, visit www.oreilly.com.